December 4, 2020
Having trouble selling that Cloud migration to upper management? Just have your CEO to Listen to this episode... IT leader, Matthew Parks makes the argument for the cloud a no brainer.
Breaking Legacy Mindsets before Legacy Systems break
The Cloud = 99 problems you no longer have
Once you go cloud you can go back
Cloud Financial Broken Down
Easier Control - Cooling - Energy Draw
No equipment to manage / depreciate
Less Updates & No need to send out downtime emails
Like what you hear? Give us a review on itunes podcasts... take a snap shot... send it to me on linkedin (Phil Howard)... and I'll send you a pair of nerd glasses... along with some other secret stuff if and only if you are an IT manager or geek of sorts.
December 2, 2020
Software Science Nerd, Jarrod Medeiros, Director of Informatics (what the heck is that?), and Phil Howard discuss data and things that are way out of my wheelhouse... but Jarrod saves me from not looking too stupid:
- How Never go through a Digital Transformation
- Synthesizing compounds into things I can inject
- Bioprocess (Software) Engineering
- Software solution to help make sense of data
- Micro/Molecular Biology - Chemistry... things I dropped out of
- Crunching data points into visual sense
Don't forget to review us on Apple i-Tunes.... do it and we'll send you a pair of Nerd Glasses (if you are a real nerd). Message Phil Howard on Linkedin for free Nerd stuff.
December 1, 2020
Chad Branco is an Epic IT project manager. On this episode we talk about...
- The utter necessity of serving and drinking the Kool-Aid
- Comparing Epic to the 90's Chicago Bulls
- How competing priorities kill upgrades
- Downtime 1.5
- How attitude changes culture
- IT aptitude tests are being used to scan you
- Forcing end-users to be bought in the right way. "Epic's here..."
- Who's the best worst adopters: Nurses, Case Managers, Therapists, or Physicians?
If you liked the show give us an honest review in apple iTunes by searching the podcast in the search bar “Dissecting Popular IT Nerds” … choosing the number of stars and leaving a comment.
I’ll be sure to read your comment on one of the next shows and maybe even send you a special gift.
November 24, 2020
CIO summit speaker, Chris Myers (Director of IT at IMRIS) has extensive experience in developing staff, mentoring IT, Complex data center development, business reporting, and securing large organizations.
Some snippets from the show:
- People noticed when I started doing this....
- Keeping things up and running is easy but... Influencing others is a different ball game.
- Where should IT professionals be spending time?
- What IT projects should come first?
- How do you become more valuable?
- Don’t worry about getting shot down
- Make sure you are in the range of fire
November 18, 2020
Exhausted? Drained? Ready for an Emotional Breakdown?
Phil Howard and Jon Santee Discuss (with a shout out to David Spark)
- Work-Life Balance
- Logic at Home
- Wise Listening
- How to breakup with your phone
- Non-apologetic work -life
- Team acknowledgement
- Making things too secure
August 29, 2020
Digital Transformation Won't Come Until You Can Sell The Value of IT or...
...Unless a Global Pandemic Gets the Job Done For You
Bryan Blount and The Most Bearded Man in Telecom discuss:
- The Digital Transformation in Education
- IT Reluctance...
- Keeping the lights on
- Ticket Takers
- IT Middle Management...
- Cant' empathize & can't sell
- How should humanoids communicate with IT?
- 4 Point Purchasing: (Strategic Alignment - Increasing Value - Cost Control - Risk Management)
May 5, 2020
How is it that technology leaders,
and security freaks of
nature aren’t ruling the world?
... or are they?
Maybe it’s because the sales guys
Arrogantly refuse to use the CRM
What’s a database anyways
Nathan Jewett and I address some of the gaps holding back technology leaders... and tackle the following:
Juggling Multiple Stakeholders and competing investors while keeping the sanity of the development team
How to measure the strategic value of IT?
Lowering investment risk and increasing the speed to market
If you want to be the best in the world how can you allow your sales culture to fail to embrace the CRM?
BBS Messaging Boards
Nerd Agile Biology
Handsets and old switching technology
Much much more...
April 30, 2020
The CIO Straight Jacket comes with disproportionate responsibility levels
Are you dealing with a whole lot of IT responsibility
and getting not a whole lot of authority?
What's up with that?
How does such a thing happen?
Everyone looks to IT to save the world, fix broken, make IT happen, protect us, coddle us, answer all our questions at the drop of a hat, and
even drive the company's security policy posture .. protection
pragmatic digital transformation
driving the business forward to appease stock holders, investors, and
all responsibility and blame lies on you.
So why don't you get the money?
Doug Berry - The IT Guy who helped bring rental bikes to London and I talk about some of these life-altering subjects on this episode of Dissecting Popular IT Nerds:
The increasing Challenges of the straight-jacked CIO
High level responsibility disproportionate to the level of authority
What to do when people make technology requests that don't match budgeted dollars.
How to Influence Spend and Security Standards
Decision Design Direction, avoiding double spending, and shadow IT
The love of my life: Technical Writing
April 23, 2020
Michael Archuleta is one of the most decorated #CIOs in the #healthcare industry and on this show talk about one of the most explosive changes happening in the healthcare industry throughout the world right.... as you read this.
Michael is a digital transformation leader, a force multiplier in the healthcare space, and a future visionary solving... preventing... a healthcare digital transformation crisis (or should I say opportunity) ahead of us.
IT Leaders right now are literally saving lives by creating amazing efficiencies from Telehealth to (may I be so bold to say) stopping people from hacking your loved one's pace-maker.
This episode is not just a healthcare episode... it is a sounding board for IT Leaders to learn and ask,
"What message should my organization (my technology team) be constantly delivering?"
The biggest historical change is happening right now in the digital world.
How the Pandemic Crisis is exposing the value of IT in the healthcare industry and the benefits of #Telehealth and the efficiencies being gained is more than significant for all leaders within the modern world.
2020 Hospital and health system CIOs to know
2019 CIO of the Year Nominee
2019 Healthcare's Most Wired Award
2019 hospital and health system CIOs
2018 Healthcare's Most Wired Award
April 22, 2020
On this Episode of Dissecting Popular IT Nerds,
Jonathan Clark and Phil Howard Discuss:
- Pandemic Holes: Lync Server 2013 to Teams Over the Weekend
- Home User Internet Connections
- 1994 Building a Pentium at 9yrs old
- RAM CONFIG AUTOEXEC.BAT
- Do you have the knowledge base to hire
- Do you know how and who to hire.
- Intel to AMD
- Measuring Productivity Increases
- From 30-60 second wait times to instant access
- Measuring Productivity on 500 Users
- Backup Remote Access Systems